14 Jan Conquering RegretsNo Regrets – Part 2
January 13 and 14, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
No Regrets – Part 2
January 13th & 14th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12
- Two Can Stand Back-To-Back And Conquer.
- I Will Connect.
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.” Ecclesiastes 4:9
- I Will Belong.
“Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.” Romans 12:4-5
- I Will Grow.
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another…” Hebrews 10:24-25
My Next Step This Week:
___I will get in a group.
While there are built-in systems to measure how you’re doing in your relationships and responsibilities, how do you measure your interior life? Who’s walking alongside you to help you pay attention to your character? In other words who are you standing back-to-back with?
Going Deeper Questions:
- Read Hebrew 10:24-25. The writer of these verses assumes that his readers have been regularly meeting together. Is the idea of “doing life together” a familiar or foreign concept, in your experience?
- Who are the people who would celebrate alongside you if you were to accomplish a major life milestone (i.e. graduation, job promotion, childbirth)? Are they the same people who would stand back-to-back with you during a major spiritual/character milestone or a major life crisis?
- What might keep you from engaging fully in a group committed to doing life together?
- This week, take a step and join a Life Group or Discipleship Group.