16 Apr Embracing The Truth Of ChristThe Case For Christ – Part 3
April 14 and April 15, 2018 | Chris Spradlin
Embracing The Truth Of Christ
The Case For Christ – Part 3
April 14 & April 15, 2018
THERE IS HOPE.
“‘There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.’ ‘No, we don’t know, Lord,’ Thomas said. ‘We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?'” John 14:2–5
“‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'” John 14:6
JESUS IS THE WAY.
“Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'” Matthew 11:28–30
“For indeed Christ died for sins once for all, the Just and Righteous for the unjust and unrighteous [the Innocent for the guilty] so that He might bring us to God…”
1 Peter 3:18 (AMP)
The Performance Trap
“This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.” 1 John 4:10
Embracing The Truth Of Christ
1. We’re All Sinners Who Need Jesus.
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
2. Jesus Has Paid Your “Toll”.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
3. Call On The Name Of The Lord.
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
My Next Step This Week: I will “Embrace The Truth of Christ” by memorizing John 14:6.
Life Group Discussion
- You’ve probably heard stories of someone being given bad directions—even by their GPS! When have you been lost? What did you do?
- If you had a roadmap, but never read it, how helpful is that roadmap? Talk about a time when you ignored directions (or advice/counsel/teaching, etc.). What were the consequences and what did you learn?
- Read John 14:2-6. What do you think about when you hear Jesus say He is THE Way? How does this truth impact your life?
- Our Speaker, Chris, talked about The Performance Trap. When have you tried to “perform” for God so that you would be “loved or accepted?” (See 1 John 4:10 and Romans 5:6-11)
- These four verses: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, and 10:9, are often referred to as The Roman Road to Salvation (or relationship with Jesus). Read those verses together as a group. After each verse, talk about how you would say it in your own words.
- What does it mean to “embrace truth?” What else is there than merely saying “I believe it?” (See John 8:31-32)
- Life Groups wind down in a couple of weeks. What plans is your group making to connect with each other during the Summer break