05 Feb God Doesn’t Seem FairFull Of It – Part 2
Due to Copyright restrictions, this week’s talk could not be video archived. Notes are available below. Video archiving will return next week!
February 3 and 4, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
God Doesn’t Seem Fair
Full Of It – Part 2
February 3rd & 4th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
(Jesus) “‘…What is the Kingdom of God like?…'” Luke 13:18
- God’s Kingdom: The Already, But Not Yet.
- Seek Jesus
(Jesus)“‘So don’t worry about these things, saying, “What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?”…Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.'” Matthew 6:31,33
- Surrender To God
(Jesus) “‘…If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.'” Matthew 16:24-25
- Serve Others
(Jesus) “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
My Next Step This Week:
___ Of the three Kingdom actions, that Jesus taught on, I am ____________________.
Life Group Discussion:
- Have you ever asked God, “How could You let this happen?” What life events led to your question?
- If you were God, what are a few reasons you wouldn’t stop all pain? Or, would you?
- Pastor Jeff said: “God doesn’t always cause the pain, but God can always use it.” How have you seen this play out?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. What difficulties can you begin to view from this Scripture’s perspective?
- How does the concept of “The Already, But Not Yet” of God’s Kingdom help? Why or why not?
- Go back and read the verses from the weekend teaching, (Matt. 6:31, 33, Matt. 16:24-25 and Matt. 20:28) Which level of Kingdom action are you living in? Seeking? Surrendering? Serving? How much of this is based on the question of “how could a loving God let bad things happen?” versus “God my faith is in you and your Kingdom”?
- While someone is in the middle of great pain, what could you tell them about God?