28 Jan God On DemandFull Of It – Part 1
January 27 and 28, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
God On Demand
Full Of It – Part 1
January 27th & 28th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
- Faith Is One Step At A Time.
“And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” Mark 12:30
- Feelers May Confuse Faith With Feelings.
“They answered, ‘Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do? After all, our ancestors ate manna while they journeyed through the wilderness! The Scriptures say, “Moses gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” John 6:30-31
(Jesus) “‘…When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend. For the hearts of these people are hardened…’” Matthew 13:14-15
- Thinkers May Confuse Faith With Reason.
“Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness.” Luke 11:35
“Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise.” 1 Corinthians 3:18
“We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.” Romans 3:22
My Next Step This Week:
_____I will come back next weekend for Part 2 of Full Of It.
Life Group Discussion Questions:
- What is one experience from your childhood that you still celebrate to this day?
- Think back to Jeff’s message. What stood out to you?
- What percentage would you give your faith in God today? What’s one reason you picked your percentage?
- Read Mark 12:30. Feelers tend to relate more to heart and soul and thinkers relate more to mind and strength. Which are you? How has this affected your faith journey?
- Have a group member read aloud Hebrews 11:1. Discuss how this verse gives us a description of what faith does and how it works.
- Share a time when you most doubted God. What caused you to doubt Him most? Did something in particular restore your faith?
- Read the rest of Hebrews 11. As you do, stop and comment about what stands out to you and why.
- As you close the group spend a few moments praying for each other’s faith to grow.