31 Oct New LifeNew – Part 1
October 28 and 29, 2017 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“New” Series Overview:
- New Life
- Personality – God has given me a unique personality to honor Him.
- Potential – I am God’s masterpiece.
- Job Performance – Do what you do best and hire the rest.
- Grace – I live and move to the rhythm of God’s grace.
“This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
- In Christ I Am A New Creation.
- Live For Christ.
“He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.” 2 Corinthians 5:15
“We have been rescued from our enemies so we can serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness for as long as we live.” Luke 1:74-75
- Evaluate Everything Through Christ.
“So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now!” 2 Corinthians 5:16
“Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.” Matthew 16:18
- Recognize My New Title In Christ.
“And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him…we are Christ’s ambassadors…We speak for Christ when we plead, ‘Come back to God!’” 2 Corinthians 5:18-20
My Next Step This Week:
____ I will memorize 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Life Group Questions:
- What was the last non-perishable item you purchased? Would you buy that same item used?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. What do you think the writer Paul means when he says “new person”?
- What are some ways we allow our past to define us? What are some practical ways we can live as a “new person” instead of letting our past define us?
- How would your life look different if you were living as a new creation?
- In what ways would the people around you say that you live for Christ?
- What are some ways we can begin to evaluate everything through Christ?
- What are some of the titles we hold as followers of Jesus? How can we live in those positions?