02 Jul Our Only Hope | At The Movies – Part 3
“At the Movies” is an annual summer event at Alive Church. We decorate our lobby in a movie theme and invite friends and family. During the experience, we show snippets of popular films, and our Teaching Pastors create a message based on themes from the film. It’s one of our most popular and fun series, and we look forward to it every year. Due to copyright law, we cannot post footage from any films on our archive – but we will live stream each service at Alivechurch.com
June 30 and July 1, 2018 | Steve Tanner
Our Only Hope
At The Movies 2018 – Part 3
June 30th & July 1st, 2018
“The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine.” Isaiah 9:2
“The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.” John 1:9-11
“And his name will be the hope of all the world.” Matthew 12:21
Jesus Is Our Only Hope.
“Jesus gave his life for our sins…” Galatians 1:4a
- Hope Is Possible Because Of Jesus’ Sacrifice.
“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.” Romans 5:6
- Hope Is Mine Because I Choose To Follow Jesus.
“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, ‘I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.’” John 8:12
“If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God Has Plans For You.
“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” Jeremiah 29:11
My Next Step this Week:
___ I will make hope mine by choosing to follow Jesus for the first time.
___ I will remember the hope and plans God has for me by memorizing Jeremiah 29:11.
- Think about a time when you faced a seemingly “hopeless” situation. What did you do? How did you feel?
- Have you ever entered an unfamiliar, dark room and couldn’t find the light switch? Then when you finally do find the switch, everything changes. Read Isaiah 9:2 and John 1:1-5. What has changed in your life as a result of choosing to live in the light of Jesus rather than in darkness?
- Jesus made hope available to us by His sacrifice and we receive it by choosing to follow Him. Read Romans 5:6-11. What other benefits does the writer, Paul, also talk about in this passage? Write them down and thank God for them as you say a prayer of thanks.