14 May Parenting Life Hacks | Life Hacks- Part 3
May 12 and May 13, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Parenting Life Hack
Life Hacks – Part 3
May 12 & May 13, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” Proverbs 22:6
- Give Them An Example To Follow.
“‘(Jesus) Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch? Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.’” Luke 6:39-40
- Give Them A Home To Run To Not Run From.
“A kingdom divided by civil war will collapse. Similarly, a family splintered by feuding will fall apart.” Mark 3:24-25
- Unite And Be Disciplined With Discipline.
“Discipline your children while there is hope. Otherwise you will ruin their lives.” Proverbs 19:18
- Prepare To Give Them The Keys To Their Lives.
“‘(Jesus) Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.’” Mark 10:14b
- Resist Having A Kid Centered
“As the Scriptures say, ‘A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.’ This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” Ephesians 5:31-33
Next Step: I will ask God to show me how I can positively influence a child in my life.
- Who were good examples to you when you were a child? What made these people good examples?
- Read Mark 10:13-16, Matthew 18:1-6 and 19:13-15. What does it mean to have a “childlike faith”? Is this kind of faith limited only to children? How can you help children develop their faith?
- What are some practical ways you can devote attention to your children without sacrificing your marriage in the process? (See Deuteronomy 6:4-8, 11:18-20, Psalm 127:3-5.)