05 Nov PersonalityNew Life – Part 2
November 4 and 5, 2017 | Adam Waite
New – Part 2
November 4th & 5th, 2017
- God Gave Me A Unique Personality.
- Stop Asking “What’s Wrong With Everyone Else?”
“So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.” Romans 14:13
“Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.” Romans 15:7
“Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” Romans 12:10
- Start Asking “What’s Right With Me?”
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous – how well I know it.” Psalm 139:13–14
“Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.’” Genesis 1:26a
- Start Asking “Why Did God Give Me A Unique Personality?”
“Jesus came and told his disciples, ‘I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’” Matthew 28:18-20
“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” Jeremiah 29:11
“Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. If the foot says, ‘I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,’ that does not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear says, ‘I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,’ would that make it any less a part of the body? If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything? But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. How strange a body would be if it had only one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one body.” 1 Corinthians 12:14-20
My Next Step This Week:
____ I will read the Daily Reading, Personality on page A36, in The Life Transformation Bible every day.
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Has anyone ever called you a jerk? Why? Were they right?
- What is the difference between your personality and your behavior and attitude?
- What do you think makes you unique?
- Read Romans 15:7. Discuss how Christ accepts you. What are some practical ways we could accept each other in the same way?
- How do you see God using you in a positive way in the lives of the people around you?
- What are some practical ways that we can start to let God use us in our schools, homes, work places, and our church?