16 Oct PurityRooted – Part 3
Purity | Rooted – Part 3
October 14 & 15, 2017 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Rooted – Part 3
October 14th & 15th, 2017
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.”
Integrity: When My Behavior Matches My Beliefs.
“And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.” Romans 7:18-19
- Ask God For The Strength To Be Honest.
“…speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ…” Ephesians 4:15
“…Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” Romans 12:3
- Ask God For The Courage To Admit My Faults.
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:9
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.” James 5:16a
- Ask God For The Power To Live Consistently.
“Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!” Psalms 119:5
“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23
- Ask God For Confidence To Voice My Commitment.
“I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner.” Isaiah 45:19a
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
“People with integrity walk safely,
but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall.”
My Next Step This Week:
____I will integrate God’s values into my daily actions by focusing on # _______.
Life Groups Discussion Questions:
- What one thing stood out most from the weekend talk? Why?
- When you hear the word “purity” what comes to mind? Do you see it as an integrity issue?
- Read Psalm 15. Talk about what integrity looks like in this Psalm.
- From the four questions to “Ask God For”, from the weekend talk, which one do you need to ask God for the most and why?
- From The Life Transformation Daily Reading that goes along with this talk (Page A48 in The Life Transformation Bible), what action will you take to apply this to your life?
- As you close your group, pray for one another to live in “purity”/integrity.