22 Oct Study The BibleRooted – Part 4
Study The Bible | Rooted – Part 4
October 21 & 22, 2017 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“The instructions of the Lord are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living.” Psalm 19:7-8
- I Will Make God’s Word A Part Of My Daily Life.
- Hear God’s Word.
(Jesus) “‘Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.’” Luke 8:8b
- Read And Study God’s Word.
“He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives.” Deuteronomy 17:19a
- Memorize And Meditate On God’s Word.
“But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.” Psalm 1:2-3
- Apply God’s Word.
“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” James 1:22
“Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
____I will read the Daily Reading Study The Bible in The Life Transformation Bible this week (Page A30).
Life Group Discussion Questions:
- What stood out from the weekend talk and why?
- Talk about attitudes that may be preventing you from fully living the truths of God’s Word: a closed mind, a superficial mind, a preoccupied mind.
- Read James 1:22-25. What part of the Bible are you not putting into action? How can you begin to do so today?
- Read Psalm 119:105 and ask the “Application Bridge” questions.
- What did the verse mean to the original hearers?
- What is the underlying timeless principle?
- Where or how could I practice that principle?
- Which of the benefits to Living God’s Word inspire you the most? And why?
- It helps me resist temptation.
- It helps me make wise decisions.
- It strengthens me when I’m under stress.
- It comforts me when I’m sad.
- It helps me witness to unbelievers.