25 Mar The Sound of AgonyThe Sound of Grace – Part 4
March 24 and 25, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
The Sound of Agony
The Sound of Grace – Part 4
March 24 & 25, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law…” Romans 3:21
- To Love Justice Is To Love The Cross Of Christ.
- Recognize God Demanded
“For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.” Romans 3:25-26
- Recognize I’m Incapable Of Making Payment.
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.” Romans 3:23-24
- Recognize Jesus Made Full
“We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.” Romans 3:22
My Next Step This Week: I will take communion each day to recognize all Jesus did for me on the cross.
Life Group Discussion
- Looking back at your notes from this weekend’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Where in the world would you like to see justice? Explain why.
- When we experience God’s redemption, forgiveness, and grace, our lives will be different. In the verses below, you’ll read about people who interacted with Jesus and experienced His grace and forgiveness firsthand. What do you notice about how each person responded to Jesus in the following verses? Luke 19:1-10, John 8:1-11, Luke 17:11-19
- As we heard this weekend, the Cross of Christ is God’s answer to the separation from Him we experience because of sin. This separation is not necessarily a feeling, but a condition people are in. How do the following passages describe the spiritual condition we were all in before we experienced redemption? Romans 5:6-8, Colossians 1:13, Colossians 2:13-15, Titus 3:3-7
- What do those passages say Jesus did for us when we were spiritually dead?
- How could what God did for us motivate us to serve Him?
- When Jesus died on the cross, he paid for our sins, making it possible for us to experience God’s grace and forgiveness. While His grace and forgiveness are free, they aren’t cheap. It’s easy to forget or take for granted what our forgiveness cost Jesus. After reading the following passages, what catches your attention the most about what Jesus had to go through for us? 1 Peter 2:22-25, Isaiah 53:4-9
- How would you explain to a friend the reason Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins?
TAKING IT HOME
Take a moment to think about what it cost Jesus to make redemption and forgiveness available for you. Now take some time to thank Him for paying the price through prayer.