04 Mar The Sound of Dropping StonesThe Sound of Grace – Part 1
March 3 and 4, 2018 | Steve Tanner
The Sound of Dropping Stones
The Sound of Grace – Part 1
March 3 & 4, 2018
3“As [Jesus] was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.
4“‘Teacher,’ they said to Jesus, ‘this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?’
6“They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, ‘All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!’ 8Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.
9“When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, ‘Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?’
11“‘No, Lord,’ she said. And Jesus said, ‘Neither do I. Go and sin no more.’”
- Embrace Grace!
“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
What “Stone Of Condemnation” Do You Need To Drop?
“Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Colossians 3:13
To Hear The Sound Of Grace For Yourself, Ask For It!
“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)
My Next Step This Week:
__ I will “Embrace Grace” by asking God to help me drop any “stones of condemnation” that I am holding on to.
Life Group Questions:
- What’s one funny/embarrassing time when you were “caught red-handed”?
- As Steve told the story of Jesus offering Grace to the woman caught in the act of adultery, what stood out to you?
- Besides in the spiritual sense with Jesus, talk about a time when you deserved punishment but received grace instead.
- What “stone of condemnation” have you dropped or do you need to drop? (See Colossians 3:13)
- How can you embrace and/or demonstrate Grace in practical ways?
- Read Hebrews 4:16. How do you approach God’s Throne boldly?
- Please begin to pray for the people you will invite to the Easter Season Events.
Read more about what the Bible has to say about Grace by looking up the references listed on Page 1003 in The Life Transformation Bible, available FREE in the Lobby.
BONUS QUESTION: Has your group picked up your empty eggs to fill for the Easter Eggstravaganza on March 24? Bags of eggs and instructions are at the Kids Check-In Room across the Lobby from the Auditorium.