11 Feb Would You Like To Be An Answer To Jesus’ PrayerFull Of It – Part 3
February 10 and 11, 2018 | David Drum
Would You Like to Be An Answer To Jesus’ Prayers?
Full Of It – Part 3
February 10th & 11th, 2018
“After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
‘Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
‘I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
‘I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
‘My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.’”
My Next Step This Week:
___ I will sign up to serve on Servant Saturday.
Life Group Discussion:
- What stood out to you the most from Pastor Dave’s talk this past weekend?
- How can you be the hands & feet of Jesus to those around you?
- What can you do to create more unity in the Tucson Valley? What can Alive Church do to create more unity in the Tucson Valley? (see John 17:20-21)
- How does serving involve you in something bigger than yourself?
- Talk about a time you served selflessly and how did it make you feel?
- Talk about a time someone served you and how it made you feel? (See Philippians 2:4)
- Pastor Dave made 3 big points from John 17:
- Glorify the Son: How can you bring glory (praise & worship) to Jesus?
- Protection from the enemy: When have you felt like you needed protection from Satan?
- Sanctify us by the truth: Sanctify means “set apart or holy” and “cleanse” – What do you think when you read this?