19 Aug Connect | Life On Mission – Part 2
August 18 and 19, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Life On Mission – Part 2
August 18th & 19th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- Connect With Those Far From
“As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. ‘Follow me and be my disciple,’ Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him.” Matthew 9:9
- Go To Where They Are.
“Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. But when the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, ‘Why does your teacher eat with such scum?’” Matthew 9:10-11
- Build Relationships.
“When Jesus heard this, he said, ‘Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.’ Then he added, ‘Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: “I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.” For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.’” Matthew 9:12-13
“‘(Jesus)…Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matthew 22:39
My Next Step This Week: ___ I will fill out the “Who’s In Your ‘Hood?” card.
These questions are a sampling of what you will be digging into in your Group this week. If you are not in a Group, you can sign up TODAY in the Lobby, or online at AliveChurch.com/Groups.
- Tell about a time when you were welcomed to a gathering or meal as a newcomer. What happened and how did it make you feel?
- What are some of your non-church activities (such as sports, work, volunteering at your child’s school, etc.) where you could connect with people who aren’t Christians? Since you’re already in those places, what can you do to initiate relationships with others?
- Read Romans 12:13-16 (page 866 in The Life Transformation Bible). How much of this passage would you say reflects your lifestyle? What does this list have to do with connecting with others?
- Read Matthew 5:15-16 (page 736 in The Life Transformation Bible). What does it mean to let your light shine? What is one way you can do that? How would it help you connect with others?