02 Apr Exploring The Evidence For ChristThe Case For Christ – Part 1
March 31 and April 1, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Exploring The Evidence For Christ
The Case For Christ – Part 1
March 31 & April 1, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.” 1 Corinthians 15:20
- I Will Take Jesus Seriously.
- Jesus Lived On This Earth.
“Jesus’ trial before Caiaphas ended in the early hours of the morning. Then he was taken to the headquarters of the Roman governor (Pilate).”
- Jesus Died On The Cross.
“But when they came to Jesus, they saw that he was already dead, so they didn’t break his legs. One of the soldiers, however, pierced his side with a spear, and immediately blood and water flowed out.” John 19:33-34
- Jesus Rose Again To Give Me Life.
“God raised Jesus from the dead, and we are all witnesses of this.” Acts 2:32
“And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless and you are still guilty of your sins. In that case, all who have died believing in Christ are lost! And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.” 1 Corinthians 15:17-19
Next Step: I will continue to explore Jesus by attending Part 2 of The Case For Christ next weekend.
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Last Sunday was April Fool’s Day! Do you have any memorable April Fool’s pranks that
others did to you or you did to others?
- Looking back at your notes from this weekend’s message, was there
anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or
- It’s encouraging how God’s Spirit can bring a renewed perspective or reminder Scripture we may have read before. Take a moment and read again the historical account of the Resurrection in Matthew 28:1-10. What thoughts or observations come to mind as you read the text?
- To “Take Jesus Seriously” is to understand who Jesus is and what he has done for us. It’s the
essential message of Easter. The following passages all contain statements that Jesus made about himself. For each statement identify:
- What he says about himself.
- How does Jesus’ description of himself have an impact on our lives as believers?
- Which of the descriptions Jesus uses for himself is most encouraging to you? Which is most challenging? Why?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:17-19. What are your thoughts about Paul’s declaration that our faith is “useless” if “Christ has not been raised”?
- In what practical ways can you “Take Jesus Seriously” in your daily life?