06 May Financial Life Hacks | Life Hacks- Part 2
May 5 and May 6, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Financial Life Hack
Life Hacks – Part 2
May 5 & May 6, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.” Proverbs 10:22
- Financial Freedom = Financial Peace
Common Financial Myths:
Myth #1 – God Wants Me To Be Rich.
“Hasn’t God chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith? Aren’t they the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him?” James 2:5
Myth #2 – God Wants Me To Be Poor.
“Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.” 1 Timothy 6:17
Three Not So Easy (But Doable) Hacks To Financial Freedom:
- Learn To Be Content.
“…I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.” Philippians 4:11-12a
“Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!” Ecclesiastes 5:10
- Decide To Live Below Your Means.
“Better to be an ordinary person with a servant than to be self-important but have no food.” Proverbs 12:9
“Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.” Proverbs 22:7
- Pay God First – Not Last.
“Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33
My Next Step This Week:
___ I am implementing financial hack #_____.
___ I am interested in Financial Peace University.
- What did your parents, teachers, employers, etc. teach you about money? What have you had to learn on your own?
- When have you experienced anxiety about your finances? What did you do about it? Which of Pastor Jeff’s “Financial Life Hacks” can help you more effectively approach a similar situation in the future (or even right now)?
- Read through the Bible passages referenced in this weekend’s talk. Which one stands out as most relevant to you? Memorize that passage.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CPW10b-lFF4″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>