09 Sep Grow | Life On Mission – Part 5
September 8 and 9, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Life On Mission – Part 5
September 8th & 9th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.” John 15:4
Remain: Meno – stay, dwell, remain alive, continue to live, be permanent (not as much about where as how long.)
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.” John 15:5
- Grow Daily For Success.
- Stay Connected.
“For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5c
- Redefine Success.
“Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.”John 15:9-10
“I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!” John 15:11
- Safeguard “Fruit” Productivity.
“I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.” John 15:16
“They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.” Psalm 1:3
My Next Step This Week : ___ I will anticipate how I will grow at the beginning of each day and reflect how I have grown at the end of each day.
These questions are a sampling of what you will be digging into in your Group this week. If you are not in a group, you can sign up TODAY. Just check “Groups” on your Connection Card, come by the Info Center in the lobby, or go online to www.AliveChurch.com/Groups.
- What stood out to you from Pastor Jeff’s Weekend Talk: Grow?
- Think of a person that you have seen demonstrate a changed life. What kind of change occurred? Was it negative or positive? How could you tell?
- When you think of the John 15:1-5 analogy of Jesus as the “Vine” and us as the “branches” what comes to mind? How can you “be a branch?”
- What daily habits or disciplines can help you stay “connected” to Jesus?
- What is the difference between a “convert” and a “disciple?”