Due to copyright restrictions, we are unable to archive the weekend talk. Join us live during our daily services throughout our At The Movies: Home Edition series.
The Gospel According To Woody
At The Movies: Home Edition – Part 2
June 27-28, 2020
Cody Kiwaczyk, Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love, Jason Marsden
“‘(Jesus)… Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’” Matthew 28:19-20 (p.760)
- Jesus Told Me To Go Make Disciples, So I’m Going.
To go I must:
- Go find the lost.
“’(Jesus)… If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it?’” Luke 15:4 (p.797)
- Go grow together.
“I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.” Philippians 1:9 (p.899)
- Go all in.
“Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.” Philippians 2:4 (p.900)
“There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:13 (p.824)
___I will go make disciples by finding the lost.
___I will go make disciples by growing together.
___I will go make disciples by going all in.
Discussion Guide from the Weekend Talk
From the Weekend Talk of June 27-28, 2020
At The Movies: Home Edition – Part 2: The Gospel According To Woody
Use this Discussion Guide to dig deeper into the principles from the weekend talk. Our Life Groups will use them, but we encourage you to discuss them with your family, over the phone or online with friends.
Yes, our Life Groups continue to meet, ONLINE! Life Groups use these questions to go deeper into what we talked about this weekend. Dig into them so you will be ready for the discussion at your Life Group. Please let us know if you would like to join a group. We are also looking for opportunities to begin NEW ONLINE Groups.
- What is the best trip or journey you have been on?
- Talk about a time where someone helped you discover something about yourself.
- What has been the most enjoyable experience you have had with others so far this summer?
- Looking back at your Talk Notes, was there anything you heard in the service that stood out or maybe even confused you?
Discussion Starters from the Weekend Talk
Refer to the Talk Notes and related Bible verses from this Weekend’s Talk Notes.
- This week Pastors Cody Kiwaczyk, Jeff Love, and Jason Marsden highlighted One Thing to remember from this Talk: “Jesus Told Me To Go Make Disciples, So I’m Going.”
- Read Matthew 28:19-20 (p.760*)
- Tell of a time you felt God telling you to go and make a disciple.
- How does it make you feel when Jesus tells you He is “with you always, even to the end of the age?”
- The pastors discussed Three Actions to go: Go find the lost, Go grow together, and Go all in.
- Talk about a time when you were lost and someone helped you find your way back.
- How have you grown in your relationship with Jesus through helping someone else grow?
- In what way could you and your group or family grow together this week? Maybe a family outing, a shared meal, a Bible reading plan, or serving your community together.
- What does it mean to you to be “all in”?
- What is one step you could take this week to more fully go all in? How could you do this as a group or a family?
- Read through Luke 15 as a group.
- What stood out to you most when Jesus was talking about lost things?
- What are some of the differences or similarities in the three parables?
- Talk about some ways in which you most relate to what you read.
- Now read a few of the following verses: Luke 19:1-10; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:14-15; John 15:16 and Matthew 4:19-20.
- In reading these verses, how would you describe the process of discipleship to others?
- How have you seen discipleship play out in your life?
- Think through some of the people who have been influential in your life and your spiritual journey. Which of the three points (Go find the lost, Go grow together, and Go all in) most reflects their influence in your life?
- Next Step:
- I will go make disciples by finding the lost.
- I will go make disciples by growing together.
- I will go make disciples by going all in.
- Which of these steps is the hardest for you and why?
- How have you been prompted by God’s Spirit to live this out so far this week?
- What are the ways He is leading you to live it out in the future?
- Pray for yourself and others in your group that this week you would all clearly see what step of the journey you are on and in what ways you can go and make disciples. Pray that God would reveal people in our lives in which he wants us to invest in through a relationship.
This weekend we continue our Talk Series: At The Movies: Home Edition. The movie that we are using for our illustrations was a blockbuster hit with all ages.
We continue to be Alive Church Online through our various channels and platforms: alivechurch.com; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Roku, and Apple TV. Invite your friends! Share our posts! Let’s get more and more people connected through Alive Church Online!
All of these notes are also in our App. To get our FREE App just text “ALIVEAZ APP” to this number: 77977 and follow the instructions. If you need help, we’ll help you!
* The Life Transformation Bible is the New Living Translation of the Bible, including many useful tools to help you better understand God’s Word, including our own Alive Church Life Transformation Discipleship Plan. They are available FREE. Let us know if you’d like to have one.