Due to copyright restrictions, we are unable to archive the weekend talk. Join us live during our daily services throughout our At The Movies: Home Edition series.
How To Deal With Frustration
At The Movies: Home Edition – Part 3
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love, Pastor Cody Kiwaczyk, Pastor Sharon Iuliano
“That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (p.884)
- When I’m Frustrated I Need To Change My Focus.
“Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.” Colossians 3:1-2 (p.903)
“They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor.” Psalm 112:9 (p.466)
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 (p.771)
- Share Jesus
“let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.” Hebrews 12:1-2 (p.927)
Next Step: _____ When I am feeling frustrated, I will change my focus with one of these four behaviors in my life: prayer, giving, serving, sharing.
Discussion Guide from the Weekend Talk
From the Weekend Talk of July 4-5, 2020
At The Movies: Home Edition – Part 3: How To Deal With Frustration
Use this Discussion Guide to dig deeper into the principles from the weekend talk. Our Life Groups will use them, but we encourage you to discuss them with your family, over the phone or online with friends.
- Do you feel like you need a vacation? Why?
- What do you typically do when you feel frustrated?
- Looking back at your Talk Notes, was there anything you heard in the service that stood out or maybe even confused you?
Discussion Starters from the Weekend Talk
Refer to the Talk Notes and related Bible verses from this Weekend’s Talk Notes.
- This week Pastors Jeff Love, Cody Kiwaczyk, and Sharon Iuliano highlighted One Thing to remember from this Talk: “When I’m Frustrated I Need To Change My Focus.”
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (p.884*)
- When you feel frustrated and you dwell on an issue does it get better? Why?
- How does it make you feel when you change your focus and don’t dwell on the frustration?
- The pastors discussed Four Actions to change our focus when we’re frustrated: pray, give, serve, and share Jesus.
- Which of these four actions speaks to you the most? Why?
- How have you grown in your relationship with Jesus through one of these four actions?
- Which of the four actions is the hardest for you to do? Why?
- Share a time you successfully changed your focus with this action.
- What is one step you could take this week to change your focus when you’re frustrated?
- How could you do this as a group or a family?
- Next Step: When I am feeling frustrated, I will change my focus with one of these four behaviors in my life: prayer, giving, serving, sharing.
- Share something that easily makes you frustrated and one way you can change your focus with that specific situation. Ask someone to keep you accountable to changing your focus this week.
- Pray for yourself and others in your group to change your focus when you feel frustrated. Pray that God would reveal the action that helps each of you best deal with frustration. Pray for the frustrations that our country, leaders, and so many people are feeling daily.
This weekend we continue our Talk Series: At The Movies: Home Edition. The movie that we are using for our illustrations was a blockbuster hit with all ages.
We continue to be Alive Church Online through our various channels and platforms: alivechurch.com; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Roku, and Apple TV. Invite your friends! Share our posts! Let’s get more and more people connected through Alive Church Online!
All of these notes are also in our App. To get our FREE App just text “ALIVEAZ APP” to this number: 77977 and follow the instructions. If you need help, we’ll help you!
* The Life Transformation Bible is the New Living Translation of the Bible, including many useful tools to help you better understand God’s Word, including our own Alive Church Life Transformation Discipleship Plan. They are available FREE. Let us know if you’d like to have one.