Due to copyright restrictions, we are unable to post the messages for this series. Join us on campus or at alivechurch.com/online to watch live during any of our services.
When Life Is Wild
At The Movies – Part 3
June 29-30, 2019
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Romans 14:17
“They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurances of peace when there is no peace.” Jeremiah 6:14
- When Life Is Wild, God is Good
- Focus on the peace of Jesus.
“‘I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.’” John 14:27
- Worship when you feel worried.
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” Philippians 4:6
“Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
- Know the God of Peace.
“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” Isaiah 26:3
Next Step: This week when I begin to worry, I will worship instead.
- What things do you worry about?
- What are some things you can do when you worry?
- Who can you go to when you worry?
- Read Philippians 4:6. What would help you remember this verse when you start to worry? (Maybe you can write it down and post it in a place where you see it every day.)
- Philippians 4:6 says to pray about everything. What is “everything?”