Okay, But Why Me?
Broken Halos – Part 3
December 14-15, 2019
- Jesus Came To Give Hope To The Broken
“That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep.” Luke 2:8 (p.781)
“Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified,” Luke 2:9 (p.781)
“but the angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. ‘I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!” Luke 2:10-11 (p.781)
“And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” Luke 2:12 (p.781)
“Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others—the armies of heaven—praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.’” Luke 2:13-14 (p.781)
“When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, ‘Let’s go to Bethlehem! Let’s see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.’” Luke 2:15 (p.781)
“They hurried to the village and found Mary and Joseph. And there was the baby, lying in the manger. After seeing him, the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child. All who heard the shepherds’ story were astonished,” Luke 2:16-18 (p.781)
“but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often. The shepherds went back to their flocks, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. It was just as the angel had told them.” Luke 2:19-20 (p.781)
“I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord God. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy.” Ezekiel 34:15-16 (ESV)
“For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.” Luke 19:10 (p.801)
“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,” John 10:14 (p.819)
Ways that we can be followers of Jesus:
- Do something to give hope to someone who needs it.
- Invite someone to Christmas Eve services.
I am choosing to follow Jesus by giving hope to someone who needs it.
- When have you felt like someone gave you hope?
- When have you encountered someone who needed hope? Did you offer them hope?
- What are some ways in your personal life that you can give someone hope?
* The Life Transformation Bible is the New Living Translation of the Bible, including many useful tools to help you better understand God’s Word, including our own Alive Church Life Transformation Discipleship Plan. They are available FREE in the church lobby.