Waiting For A Long Time
Broken Halos – Part 4
December 21-22, 2019
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” Luke 2:11-12 (p.781)
- Hope Moves Us From Fear To Faith.
- Expect God’s perfect timing.
“Eight days later, when the baby was circumcised, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel even before he was conceived.” Luke 2:21 (p.781)
- Anticipate God fulfilling His promises.
“Then it was time for their purification offering, as required by the law of Moses after the birth of a child; so his parents took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord. The law of the Lord says, ‘If a woman’s first child is a boy, he must be dedicated to the Lord.’ So they offered the sacrifice required in the law of the Lord—’either a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.’” Luke 2:22-24 (p.781)
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!’” John 1:29 (p.809)
“For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.” 1 Peter 1:18-19 (p.934)
Next Step: __ This week I will thank God daily for sending Jesus as “the Lamb of God” remembering I am saved and forgiven.
Car Questions/Discussion Starters
- What are you looking forward to this Christmas?
- Have you ever made a promise to someone? What was it? Did you keep it?
- Has anyone ever broken a promise to you? What happened?
* The Life Transformation Bible is the New Living Translation of the Bible, including many useful tools to help you better understand God’s Word, including our own Alive Church Life Transformation Discipleship Plan. They are available FREE in the church lobby.