One Day He Will Return
One Day – Part 3
May 4-5, 2019
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:4
“But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.” 1 Corinthians 15:51-52
- Live Ready For Jesus’ Return.
- Live alert.
“‘(Jesus) Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times.’” Luke 21:34b-36a
- Live in peace.
“‘(Jesus) Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you…’” John 14:1-3a
- Live in obedience.
“‘(John The Baptist) And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.’” John 3:36
- Live encouraged.
“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout…and with the trumpet call of God…So encourage each other with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
“And the angel said to me, ‘Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.’” Revelation 19:9a
Next Step: To live in preparation of Jesus’ return I am focusing on attitude #_____.
Life Groups Study Questions
Taking the Talk to Another Level
For the Week of May 5, 2019
Life Groups use these questions to dig deeper into what we talked about this weekend as we do life together in relationships. Our Spring Semester is winding down as this week is the last week. Watch for sign up information about Fall Groups coming soon. Find out more about Groups by checking the “Groups” box on your Connection Card, or go to alivechurch.com/groups.
- Talk about a time when you were living in anticipation of something that was coming up.
- When was the last time you had to prepare for something new, and not just the preparation necessary for your regular routine?
- Looking back at your Talk Notes, did anything you hear in the service particularly catch your attention, or maybe challenge or even confuse you?
Discussion Starters from the Weekend Talk
Pastor Jeff concluded our One Day series with a message of One Day He Will Return.
- What is your first response when you read these passages?
- Do these passages have a practical meaning to your life?
Read Matthew 25:1-13
- Talk about Jesus’ return in light of how Pastor Jeff shared the wedding ceremony of the culture of the 1st century Jews.
- What about these verses speak to you most about Jesus’ return?
- Of the four attitudes that Jeff spoke of to be prepared which one do you need to focus on the most? Why?
- Besides the Bible verses that Pastor Jeff gave for these having these attitudes, what other verses can you share with one another to encourage them in all four of these areas?
- What are your feelings and thoughts about when Jesus will return?
- Is it more important to live for that day or for the day of your final breath? Why or why not?
- What do these passages say to you about speculating exactly when Jesus will return?
- Have you ever gotten worked up about something you were anticipating, but it didn’t happen the way you thought it would?
- What did you learn from that?
- How does that relate to what we’re talking about today? That Jesus WILL return, but the problem often involves getting too caught up in WHEN.
- How can you apply what Jeff said bout Jesus’ return to what Jesus tells us about His return in these passages? What are the practical implications?
Taking It Home
- Jeff gave us this Next Step Challenge: To live in preparation of Jesus’ return I am focusing on attitude #_____
- What is one practical thing that you can do to help you live this out?
- Pray for one another in your Group to intentionally live out the Next Step.
This weekend we start a new series: This is Us. Our first Talk in the series, This is Generational. Come and See what God is doing through Alive Church and bring someone with you.