#Parentfail – Part 3
November 3 – 4, 2018
“…anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
The #1 Parenting Illusion: I can change my child’s heart.
Why your heart is a big deal:
- Your heart is your spiritual GPS.
“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23
- Your heart will deceive you.
“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” Jeremiah 17:9
- Your heart reveals your character.
“A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.” Luke 6:45
- Do your part, but only God can change a heart.
To do your part:
- Represent Jesus as His ambassador.
“So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, ‘Come back to God!’” 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Be patient; parenting is a process, not an event.
“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2
- Live in grace– from God to you, and from you to your kids.
“God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.” Ephesians 2:8
- Build a healthy environment for yourself and your kids.
- Admit your mistakes.
My Next Step:
___ I am asking God to change my heart by becoming a Follower of Jesus.
___ I will thank God every day this week for changing my heart.