12 Aug Start With The “Why” | Life On Mission – Part 1
August 11 and 12, 2018 | Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
Start With The “Why”
Life On Mission – Part 1
August 11th & 12th, 2018
Dr. Jeffrey Allen Love
“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” Acts 20:24
“In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!” Luke 15:7
- It’s Never About Me; It’s Always About The Lost.
- We Search.
“For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.” Luke 19:10
“So my sheep have been scattered without a shepherd, and they are easy prey for any wild animal. They have wandered through all the mountains and all the hills, across the face of the earth, yet no one has gone to search for them.” Ezekiel 34:5-6
- We Attract.
“Then they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive in every way.” Titus 2:10b
“…I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.” 1 Corinthians 9:22b
“His father said to him, ‘Look, dear son, you have always stayed by me, and everything I have is yours. We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found!’” Luke 15:31-32
My Next Step This Week: I will attend the rest of the series Life On Mission.
These questions are a sampling of what you will be digging into in your group this week. If you are not in a group, you can sign up TODAY in the lobby, or online at AliveChurch.com/Groups.
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the title Life On Mission?
- What is the most extraordinary thing you have ever witnessed?
- Read Romans 5:8 (Page 860 in the free Life Transformation Bible).How has God demonstrated to you that you are dear to Him?
- Read Luke 15:11-32 (Page 798 in the free Life Transformation Bible). How does this story change the way you see people who are rebelling or wandering away from God?
- Author and former investigative journalist Lee Strobel says that Followers of Jesus should, “live lives that are salty, that make people thirst for God.” How can the way you live your life make people thirst for God?