25 Jul Who’s In Your Corner? | At The Movies – Part 6
“At the Movies” is an annual summer event at Alive Church. We decorate our lobby in a movie theme and invite friends and family. During the experience, we show snippets of popular films, and our Teaching Pastors create a message based on themes from the film. It’s one of our most popular and fun series, and we look forward to it every year. Due to copyright law, we cannot post footage from any films on our archive – but we will live stream each service at Alivechurch.com
July 21 and 22, 2018 | Steve Tanner
Who’s In Your Corner?
At The Movies 2018 – Part 6
July 21st & 22nd, 2018
“Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” Proverbs 11:2
“Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
- Don’t Fight Alone.
“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12
- Be Honest with Each Other.
“…We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ…” Ephesians 4:15
“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2
- Challenge Each Other.
“As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” Proverbs 27:17
- Encourage Each Other.
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25
“But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57
My Next Step This Week:
I will not “Fight Alone” by:
___ Participating in an Alive Church group beginning the week of August 11th & 12th.
___ Learning more about leading or hosting a group.
- What stood out to you from this weekend’s talk? Why was that particular point so significant to you?
- Have you ever tried to handle things all by yourself when you really didn’t have to? What drove you to do that? How can you approach it differently next time?
- Of the three main points brought up in the talk (“Be Honest”, “Challenge”, or “Encourage” each other), which challenges you the most? Reflect on the Bible reference for that point and ask God to help you deal with that area of your life.
- What “fight” are you facing? What “fight” are you helping someone else face? How is it going and what needs to happen next? Read and reflect on Hebrews 10:24-25 as you ask God to help you through that “fight.”
- When you consider that Jesus fought FOR US to win the “ultimate fight” over sin and death (1 Corinthians 15:57), how does that make you feel? Write down your thoughts.